Our story starts in the mid-1800′s with roots in the “Scottish Settlement”, on the shore of Lake St. Clair.
In 1854 people gathered in the homes of Andrew and James Struthers for church and Sunday school.
About this time Rev. William King started to visit the area. In 1858, the congregation constructed its
first building and in 1863 a formal congregation of 14 members was formed.
There have been many challenges and changes over the intervening years: a new building in 1924;
the difficult years of the depression; the uncertainty created by a series of short-term pastors.
In 1961, the church building had to be abandoned because it was unsafe and in 1963 the
congregation rejoiced at the opening of a new building.
In 1972, Chuck Congram arrived as a student to minister to a faithful handful. Chuck stayed
and for 35 years Lakeshore grew. New facilities were added in 1979, an additional worship
service was introduced, and a staff team was developed. In 1998, the present facility was
opened and a new sense of hope for the future was established. Chuck now serves as a
volunteer as well as Minister in Association.
In January 2007, Brad Watson stepped in as the lead pastor and has continued the tradition
of spiritual growth and encouragement for people to “have hearts that follow hard after God.”